Work for Lifeworks
At Lifeworks we all play our part in making a difference to young people’s lives. Children and young adults with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do.
- Living wage employer
- Disability confident leader
- Pay above the real living wage
Removing barriers for disabled people gaining and remaining in employment
WE ARE A DISABILITY CONFIDENT LEADER
As a learning disability charity we know how important it is to be able to reduce and remove the barriers that people with disabilities face on a daily basis. We are not only committed to this with all of the people that we support but also by committing to take positive action to reduce and remove barriers for disabled people gaining and remaining in employment with Lifeworks.
We interview all applicants who tell us they have a disability, impairment, or a mental or physical health condition who meet the essential criteria for the job. If you wish to be considered under this scheme please let us know when you complete the application form.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR US
WORK THAT REWARDS YOU
A FAIR AND FLEXIBLE EMPLOYER
- We will always pay above the real living wage
- Enhanced company sick pay scheme
- Confidential advice and support on emotional, legal and financial matters
- Flexible working, carers leave and shared parental leave
TRAIN FOR YOUR CAREER & FUTUre
- Certified training & development opportunities
- 28-33 days annual leave based on time worked (inclusive of bank holidays, part-time pro rata)
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme
Our Employment Process
Keeping in touch
- We will Email you during the recruitment process.
- Please check your Emails, and your junk folder.
- Aim to contact you within two weeks of the closing date, regardless of the outcome.
Coming for an interview
- If your application is successful, we’ll send you an Email to invite you to interview.
- This Email will ask you to confirm your appointment time.
- As well as tell you everything you need to know and what to bring with you on the day.
After your Interview
- We aim to call you as soon as possible after your interview to let you know the outcome.
- If successful, we will follow up this phone call with a written conditional offer of employment.
Frequently asked questions
Some frequently asked questions to hopefully help to answer some of your concerns. If you're still unsure, please get in touch below.Contact us
Whether you’re just starting out in a career or already have some experience, we can offer rewarding roles where you can build on your strengths, skills and passion. We have a variety of roles including learning assistants, office staff, support workers and more. We provide an extensive induction, ongoing training and support.
When you find a job you’d like to apply for simply click the ‘apply online’ button where you will be asked to either log into your account or create one if you haven’t already. Then just complete the online application for that vacancy. We are open to accepting applications in different formats (eg. written, completed on your behalf by phone or video). Please get in touch with the HR department if you need this support.