Registered Manager (Children’s Home)
Dartington, Nr Totnes, Devon
£41223.00 – £46059.00 per annum
37.5 hrs per week (plus on call responsibilities)
If you are an experienced Registered Manager that has extensive knowledge and a passion for learning disabilities, who would like to take on a new challenge, then we would love to hear from you.
About the Role
We are looking for a new Registered Manager for Robins; our 10 -bed residential home for children with learning disabilities in Dartington, Devon. The ideal candidate for this role would be someone who has extensive experienced in managing homes regulated by the Ofsted, who can support the home to achieve and exceed these standards to ensure we are running an outstanding service.
We are looking for someone who is proactive, determined and confident in their abilities as a leader. You be will inherently person-centred and champion this within your team, so that your staff follow and lead by the example that you set.
You will have the ability and experience to naturally work collaboratively across an organisation and will use the skills you have learnt throughout your career to support the Senior Leadership Team to drive the Charity forward.
We are a Learning Disability Charity based at Dartington, Devon. Across the local area we have Children & Adults Residential Homes, a Further Education College and Community based programmes.
At Lifeworks we believe in the rights of all individuals with a learning disability, however complex, to receive the services and support they need to develop the skills and confidence to reach their full potential.
Lifeworks is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and they expect all staff to share this commitment. For this post, pre-employment checks will be carried out, references will be sought, and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
To join us as the Registered Manager you’ll need to possess:
• Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management for Residential Childcare or a recognised equivalent as specified by the Children’s Home Regulations 2015
• Level 3 or higher in Children’s Safeguarding training
• Extensive work experience in a position relevant to the residential care of young people with additional needs.
• Knowledge of Children Homes (England) Regulations 2015 and Ofsted Inspection framework.
In return we would like to support you in your ongoing management career, offering you an extensive induction on commencement of employment and amazing array of training opportunities, we will also work with you on your own individual development plan to help you to progress your career.
We are a well-established Charity that provides an excellent range of staff benefits:
• 33 days’ annual leave (including bank holidays), increasing with service
• Annual Incremental pay rises (within grade)
• Pension and Life Assurance (T&C’s apply)
• Employee Assistance Scheme
• Retail/High Street shopping discounts (Charity Workers Discount)
• Fully funded Enhanced DBS & Update Service
• Refer a Friend bonus scheme (T&C’s apply)
• Comprehensive induction & training programs
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to encouraging applications from applicants who declare they have a disability, provided they meet the minimum job criteria as specified in the person specification, by offering a guaranteed interview.
If you require any further information about this role or support with the online application process (other formats available) please call the HR team on 01803 861066 or email [email protected]