Learning Support Assistant
Salary: £17,102.02 – £17,396.61 per annum (including holiday pay)
Working Hours: 34.75 hours per week, 5 days a week (term-time only)
Do you want to work in a rewarding and meaningful role?
We are seeking a Learning Support Assistant to join our friendly team, to support our students to meet their individual needs and challenges in our college setting.
About the Role
Lifeworks College is a small, independent, specialist further education college for students with learning disabilities. As part of their ongoing development, they are now looking for a Learning Support Assistant to join their friendly team, working term-time only.
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will work alongside our teachers and will be a source of support for students to ensure they are motivated, happy and engaged in their learning and development.
In this key role, you’ll help to inspire and encourage students through the transition from school to college and enable them to participate in independent living and working. You’ll carry out a range of tasks to facilitate a positive, supportive learning environment and ensure that students realise their full potential.
Our College staff operate over 38 weeks of the year; working 34.75 hours per week for 36 weeks (term time) and 34.5 hours per week for the remaining 2 weeks (outside of term time and allocated for training).
We are a Learning Disability Charity based in Dartington, Devon. Across the local area we have a Children’s Residential and Respite Home, an Adult’s Residential Home, a Further Education College and Community-based programmes.
With 20 years of success, Lifeworks provides a wide range of programmes and services to support children and young adults with learning disabilities. We are committed to supporting individuals to lead their best lives with the right person-centred support.
Lifeworks is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and they expect all staff to share this commitment. For this post, pre-employment checks will be carried out, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
To join us as a Learning Support Assistant, you will need:
– Experience of working with children and/or young people with learning difficulties within an educational setting
– At a minimum, five GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above, including Maths and English
– As a Learning Support Assistant, you’ll be a great communicator who is friendly, collaborative and flexible. Patient and empathetic, you’ll also have excellent organisation skills and a proactive approach
You’ll receive full training and ongoing support in your role to build on your existing experience and enable you to achieve your career ambitions. Experience of working with complex and challenging behaviour would however be beneficial to your application.
We are a well-established Charity that provides an excellent range of staff benefits:
– 28 days’ annual leave (including bank holidays), increasing with service
– Annual Incremental pay rises (within grade)
– Pension and Life Assurance (T&Cs apply)
– Employee Assistance Scheme
– Retail/High Street shopping discounts (Charity Workers Discounts)
– Fully funded Enhanced DBS & Update Service
– Refer a Friend bonus scheme (T&Cs apply)
– Comprehensive induction & training programs
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to encouraging applications from applicants who declare they have a disability, provided they meet the minimum job criteria as specified in the person specification, by offering a guaranteed interview.
If you require any further information about this role or support with the online application process (other formats available) please call the or email the HR team.
PLEASE NOTE: If we receive enough candidates that meet our criteria, we will close the advert early. Previous applicants need not apply.