Location: Lifeworks College based in Dartington, Devon.
Permanent: 37.5 hrs per week (some weekend working required)
Salary: £24,199.50 – £29,279.25 per annum
Are you an experienced Activity Co-ordinator and have experience in delivering and developing group activities to a diverse range of participants? Are you looking for a new challenging role working for an inspiring and innovative Charity?
The Activity Co-ordinator will play a key role within the Charity. They will be responsible for managing existing and developing a new stimulating and varied programme of events, activities, social events and trips for our participants. The role will also involve engaging and working with the local community to deliver activities to support wellbeing and mental health. Managing and supporting a team of employees and volunteers to deliver high quality sessions, so participants are always inspired, engaged and fulfilled.
– To co-ordinate established activities across the Lifeworks Charity, with responsibility for developing new sessions and working with the Fundraising Officer to acquire new funding for short-term, and long-term sustainable programmes.
– Monitoring to ensure high quality sessions are planned and delivered.
– To be passionate about improving the health and wellbeing of our local community. To work with a proactive approach to deliver high quality and accessible activity programmes with a specific focus on active wellbeing, mental health and creativity.
Based in South Devon, Lifeworks provide high quality short breaks and residential care, community-based programmes and specialist further education to children, young people and adults with learning disabilities.
At Lifeworks we believe in the rights of all individuals with a learning disability, however complex, to receive the services and support they need to develop the skills and confidence to reach their full potential.
Lifeworks is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and they expect all staff to share this commitment. For this post, pre-employment checks will be carried out, references will be sought, and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
– You will have previous experience as an Activity Co-ordinator working in an education, sport or health care setting.
– You will have extensive experience in activity programme management, delivery and development. As well as experience of leading a team of employees and volunteers.
– You will have experience of delivering group exercise classes to a diverse range of participants. Also possess experience of working with children and young adults (preferably with learning disabilities).
– Ideally you will have experience of acquiring funding grants, some bid writing skills, and strong administration skills.
– You will have attained a relevant qualification (min NVQ level 2) in Sports/Arts/Creative.
– You will have a strong working knowledge and understanding of mental health and the role physical activity can play in its management. (Ideally possess a Mental Health First Aid qualification).
We are a well-established Charity that provides an excellent range of staff benefits:
– 28 days’ annual leave (including bank holidays), increasing with service
– Annual Incremental pay rises (within grade)
– Pension and Life Assurance (T&Cs apply)
– Employee Assistance Scheme
– Retail/High Street shopping discounts (Charity Workers Discounts)
– Fully funded Enhanced DBS & Update Service
– Refer a Friend bonus scheme (T&Cs apply)
– Comprehensive induction & training programs
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to encouraging applications from applicants who declare they have a disability, provided they meet the minimum job criteria as specified in the person specification, by offering a guaranteed interview.
If you require any further information about this role or support with the online application process (other formats available) please visit out website.
So, if you’re looking to apply your skills as a Charity Activity Co-Ordinator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.