Bank Support Workers (Adults with Learning Disabilities)
Salary: £11.03 – £11.65 per hour
Working Hours: Bank
Closing Date: December 23, 2023 11:59 pm
Start Date: ASAP
More about the Role
Care to make a difference to a young adult’s life? Then this could be the career for you. We are looking for bank Support Workers to join our team at Sesame, our 4-bed adult residential home in Torquay.
As a Support Worker, you will provide support to young adults with complex learning disabilities as they go about their daily lives. Sesame offers a safe environment, enabling residents to explore their potential and develop their level of independence with help from caring and skilled support staff.
Our bank staff support our core team by covering shifts, supporting when there is planned annual leave in the team and also helping in unforeseen, emergency cover situations. Reliability and flexibility are key, as the team would depend on you to help when needed. We operate on a 24/7 basis at Sesame, so although we are ideally looking for people that are able to cover a variety of shifts, we would still welcome applications from those that may not have as much availability.
You’ll receive full training and ongoing support in your role to build on your existing experience and enable you to achieve your career ambitions.
Delivering a high level of personal care, you will ensure the boundaries of choice, dignity and respect are maintained and if necessary, safeguarding issues are pursued.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who ideally has:
– Experience of working with residents with complex additional needs including learning disability, autistic spectrum disorders, mental health issues, medical and physical needs and behavioural difficulties
– Recent experience of working with residents with learning disabilities within a care home setting
What’s in it for you?
– 28 days holiday (including bank holidays), plus an extra 2 days after 3 years and another 3 days when you hit 5 years with us.
– A contributory pension scheme & life assurance cover.
– Flexible working options.
– A generous thank you gift if you ‘recommend a friend’ to work with us too.
– Training & progression opportunities open to all.
– Wellbeing resources including access to an employee assistance programme.
– Access to lots of retail and days out discounts.
– Fully funded sign up to your initial DBS and annual update service.
Who we are
We have been running our services in Devon since 1996, supporting and encouraging people with learning disabilities to realise their aspirations and achieve their very best futures.
Our values run through everything that we do. We work with passion and are kind, friendly, respectful and positive, believing that everyone has the right to be happy, safe and live a fulfilled life.
Lifeworks is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people that we support and we expect all staff to share this commitment. For this post, pre-employment checks will be carried out, references will be sought, and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
We champion equality and diversity in the workplace and actively support people with disabilities to fulfil their potential. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to offering an interview to disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job and to making adjustments where needed to the application and interview process.