Administrator (Part Time)
Location: Based at Sesame House, Torquay
Working hours: 20 hours per week over 3 days (to be discussed at interview)
Salary: £20,611.50 – £24,238.50 per annum pro rata
Are you a dedicated and qualified administrator ready for your next challenge? Could you take on an engaging role where you will have the freedom and time to complete your other commitments and interests? If so, read on.
About the Role
We are now looking for a part time Administrator to join us for 20 hours per week spread across three days.
In this rewarding role, you will have the chance to support vital work that is making a real difference to children and young people throughout the region.
As an Administrator, you will be tasked with supporting personnel at Sesame, our residential home in Torquay.
You will directly support the Sesame Registered Manager regarding the day-to-day business and support requirements of the home. This will primarily include CQC inspections, independent audit visits, BOT requirements and our internal audit systems and processes.
As well as supporting the Sesame Manager, you will also assist other colleagues across the organisation, implement policies, procedures and compliance systems and ensure that effective control, monitoring, and reporting systems are in place.
Additionally, your role will involve:
– Acting as the first point of contact for Sesame
– Managing the Sesame post
– Overseeing petty cash
– Supporting in the monthly payroll returns process
– Taking minutes at Sesame staff meetings
– Maintaining residents’ records
– Tracking funding records for residents
– Acting as the IT administrator for Sesame
We are a Learning Disability Charity based in Dartington, Devon. Across the local area we have a Children’s Residential and Respite Home, an Adult’s Residential Home, a Further Education College and Community-based programmes.
With 20 years of success, Lifeworks provides a wide range of programmes and services to support children and young adults with learning disabilities. We are committed to supporting individuals to lead their best lives with the right person-centred support.
Lifeworks is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and they expect all staff to share this commitment. For this post, pre-employment checks will be carried out, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Interested? If so, you will need:
– A Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (or equivalent)
– To be educated to at least GSCE grade C (or equivalent) in Maths and English
– To be organised, results-focused and independent. As an Administrator, you will need plenty of initiative, great problem-solving abilities and a confidential nature.
We are a well-established Charity that provides an excellent range of staff benefits:
• 28 days’ annual leave (including bank holidays), increasing with service (pro rata for part time)
• Annual Incremental pay rises (within grade)
• Pension and Life Assurance (T&C’s apply)
• Employee Assistance Scheme
• Retail/High Street shopping discounts (Eden Red)
• Fully funded Enhanced DBS & Update Service
• Refer a Friend bonus scheme (T&C’s apply)
• Comprehensive induction & training programs
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to encouraging applications from applicants who declare they have a disability, provided they meet the minimum job criteria as specified in the person specification, by offering a guaranteed interview.
PLEASE NOTE: If we receive a significant amount of applications, we will close this vacancy earlier than advertised.
Interviews to be held: TBC